A date is a great way to get to know someone. Dates with your friends, new relationships or your significant other are a great way to get to know someone all over again or for the first time. I enjoy having myself a mystery date to surprise the other. It’s easy as ABC. How does one have a mystery date? Well let me explain…
Things needed for date:
1. A disposable camera.
2. Water, it’s important to stay hydrated.
3. An afternoon to enjoy said mystery date.
4. A date. It could be a friend, Significant other, or a complete stranger on the street.
5. The follow list. Please feel free to change anything as you see fit.
Rules of the Mystery date
1. You may not split up to “divide” scavenger hunt tasks or pay or bribe additional individuals to join your team and complete your tasks.
2. Some items deal with strangers. It’s important to be kind and respectful to them. They are like wildlife. They scare easy. Be cautious when approaching strangers.
3. NO harassing citizens of your town, physically or verbally for items or photographs. It is their right to choose not to help you and you should respect that (even if you think they are lame for not helping you).
4. If for whatever reason you can’t find an item you must present your date with valid reason as to why it can’t be found and a suitable substitute with the corresponding letter.
5. You have 24 shots but 26 items, make the most of them. You may combine items to make a great picture.
6. At lease one of the two of you need to be in the picture. Both if need be, ask someone to take your picture.
7. Have fun, be silly and weird people out.
A- Animal of your choice.
E- Entertainment of your choice.
I- Imagination: use it, it’s dangerous.
J- Jumping Jack.
L- Lunch. be a hipster, take a picture.
M- Maple Syrup.
O- Onion: Like Ogres, they have layers.
S – Stranger Danger: Get a picture with a stranger.
X- Xanadu “A place of great beauty, luxury, and contentment.” Y- You choose: Free Play
Z – ZOOM!
Have the best Mystery date!
All the best,